.:: Usoft Technologie ::.  

Go Back   .:: Usoft Technologie ::. > .:: Smart Phone‏ ::. > Samsung Galaxy S3, Samsung Galaxy S2, Apps, Games, Accessories, Android

Similar Threads
Thread
Windows Phone Apps - Pocked FTP Server (The only application with FTP Server and File Manager) (free for limited time): [ 2014 ]
Android- Phone and Email app background color?: [ Samsung Galaxy S4 ]
Deleting emails on my server, is there a setting that would stop that?: [ BlackBerry Z10 ]
Android- Help my phone wont stop recording calls!: [ Samsung Galaxy S4 ]
Android- Searching Exchange Server: [ Samsung Galaxy Note 2 ]

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-14-2013, 02:30 PM
Administrator

Default Android- Stop phone deleting email from the server: [ Samsung Galaxy S3 ]

UsoftTech :: WwW.UsoftTech.CoM ::

Stop phone deleting email from the server

I usually receive mail using the gmail app, but I also have the standard mail app with the '@' sign in the middle of the link button. I have two issues:
(a) I have started having an issue where new mail will not show in the gmail app, but will in the standard mail app. I have a feeling that this might have something to do with it only downloading to the gmail app when I am connected to wifi, not just 3G. This is only a hunch.
(b) More annoyingly, the standard email app is deleting mail from the server after downloading it, meaning I can't receive it in my inbox on the iMac, where I do most of my work. I have researched this and been directed to the 'incoming' mail setting, with an option not to delete, but I can't see this option on my phone.

I have a GTI9300 running Android 4.0.4. Is it possible an update has interfered with these settings?

Thankyou.

new thread of Samsung Galaxy S3, Samsung Galaxy S2, Apps, Games, Accessories, Android